This post probably should have been written closer to New Years, but I kept putting it off. Every year I think of some things I'd like to accomplish, but rarely actually see them through. I think most of that comes with the fact that there's no accountability. If no one knows I'm trying to pursue something, then there's no grief or embarrassment of failure when I don't complete it.
This year, I'm hoping to end that unhealthy cycle and actually work to accomplish some specific goals. One way I can help keep myself accountable is by sharing my goals with all of you. If anyone on the great world wide web can see my goals then I have quite a bit of accountability to keep me motivated! Plus, it's helped in the past to blog about my progress as a means of self-accountability (and it gives me something to write about when writer's block hits :-) )
So here goes.. My goals for 2014 (in no specific order):
- Enhance my photography knowledge
- Learn how to take better pictures
- Document life more often through photography with my new camera!
- Organize my photo files on the computer
- Improve my overall fitness level
- Lose 50 pounds by the end of the year (a little over a pound a week starting now)
- Strengthen my back and core
- Take up a new form of fitness
- Make it a point to do some form of physical activity at least 30 minutes/day
- Improve my quiet time
- Begin working my quiet time into my morning routine instead of always doing it at night
- Start a new devotional
- Decrease the overall time I spend on social media each day
- Begin pursing my dream of becoming a wedding planner
- Study and learn more specifics of the industry
- Explore wedding planning agencies in the area
- Become a better reader
- Read at least two books this year (this may sound silly, but for someone who NEVER reads, this is a big goal!)
- Become more responsible and aware with my financial planning
- Create a budget
- Save more/spend less
- Start saving for future needs/dreams - like a new car!
- Continue to improve my organization of ministry finances
- Pay off all interest on my student loans and increase my payments above the required amount as much as possible
- Blog more!
share this on »