Saturday, February 8, 2014

Recovery 101

Well, as of yesterday, I am officially 2 weeks into this recovery process.  That's 1/3 of the way with 4 more weeks to go....sigh.

The first week was not so fun, but I am finally beginning to see progress.  The sciatica pain in my leg is beginning to lessen, which is a huge prayer come true! I'm still praying every day that the pain will go away 100%, but I'll take progress over nothing!! Please keep this in your prayers as well please.

For now, I think I have perfected the craft of recovering. For those of you wondering, this is how it's done:

1.  Wake up.
2.  Take pain medications.
3.  Walk a few laps around the house (or take a trip outside if it's nice out - the mailbox is a good distance!)
4.  Find something quick and easy to make a meal out of - usually a frozen meal or leftovers.
5.  Find a comfortable position in a reclining chair.
6.  Wrap up in a warm blanket.
7.  Find something on TV or Netflix to watch...thank you OnDemand!
8.  Consume whatever you found to eat.
9.  Watch an ungodly and extremely unhealthy amount of TV or scour facebook for a while.
10. Repeat steps 2-8 until bed time adding in a few extra laps around the house each time.
11. Go to bed with night time meds, and try to find a comfortable way to sleep.
12. Wake up and start the process all over again.

Sounds absolutely wonderful right?!   HA!

My ultimate recovery suggestion:  Don't ever have surgery unless you have to!!  Boredom sets in VERY quickly.  Needless to say I'm going a little stir crazy, but hey at least I blogged :)

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment