Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Crafting Bug

Picture from Ashley Brooke Designs.

Crafting has always been a passion of mine.  It's honestly one of the most relaxing and rewarding things I do.  After college though, I kind of hit a wall when it came to being creative.  I guess after four years of projects, deadlines, and 100s of trips to Hobby Lobby, I got burnt out.  I've tried little projects here and there but nothing has really kept my attention or made me want to be creative, until now!

Ever since I started working at Michaels, the crafting bug has hit me hard!!  I find myself inspired every day to try out new techniques and begin exploring this passion again.  Just the other night I was inspired by an item I saw online and thought, "I could make that!"  which then sparked the idea of opening an Etsy store.  I think it would be fun to get paid to craft; plus it would force me to keep pushing the creative bounds and learn new things!  

The more I thought about opening an Etsy store today, the more excited I got about the possibility.  Not to mention that Michaels has an incredible Martha Stewart craft section, and I want every. single. piece.  Seriously.  I don't know what it is about the Martha Stewart line but I'm loving everything she has, and it's giving me the confidence to try new things; like embossing. It looks pretty cool and from what I've read, it should be fairly easy!  Now I just need to stretch my budget a little further so I can buy the supplies.  Anyone want to gift me a Michaels gift card!?  Haha kidding.  Sort of :)

Once I get a few items made, I'll look into opening the shop.  Any thoughts on what I should name it????  

I'm off to brainstorm more projects!

Leave a comment below with your shop name ideas.  If I pick yours, you'll get 10% off one item once it opens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment